THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED - THE WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL
Happy New Year!
I am still struggling with the 6:20 alarm going off every morning, Christmas break meant a lot of sleeping in (after turning on a movie and pouring a bowl of cereal for the girls of course before going back for a snooze) and what I wouldn’t give to do that right now! Alas we all must accept reality so I am doing my best to get back in the swing of things. One thing that I love about the New Year is resolutions, not that I necissarily keep them, but I like setting up goals for the upcoming year. This year I tried to be very general to allow myself the greatest chance of success. I am also publishing this on the internet where I can be constantly reminded of my failures should I choose to quit, they are:
1. Do yoga and stretch – while overall fitness is something I’d like to have as a goal, this is a good start for me, I have major issues with my neck, shoulders, back, legs, feet, etc. and need to stretch ALL the time, of course I hardly ever do, making the problem worse. I signed up for yoga and have gone twice this week, so good start!
2. Spend less time mindlessly browsing the internet – anyone else have an issue with this? I’m thinking I am not the only one out there who clicks from page to page, glazed over with no purpose but to (unintentionally) waste time. Step one, I have moved my computer from my kitchen into the small room off my kitchen which serves as a guest room/girls playroom and now Mom’s office. I enjoy it when the kids call out to me asking where I am and I yell back “I’m in my office!” Its very official sounding. This has already vastly reduced my computer waste time. Having the computer in kitchen where I can wander over at any moment to check my twitter feed or facebook page always sucked me in. Now I don’t walk past the computer ever 5 seconds, makes those “quick checks” much less frequent.
3. Make homemade food (within reason) – hey, I thought that was what this blog was about?! Indeed it is, of course I don’t always make everything homemade, I try to but my kids still prefer the blue box of mac’n cheese over my homemade version and I will never stop loving boxed cake mixes. Something I learned over this past year (and a half) of blogging is that accepting that I have 4 kids and a busy schedule and while I usually make dinner 7 nights a week, if I give my kids mac n cheese from a box for lunch on the weekend it will be okay. I will do the best I can and it will be good.
4. Blog Better! - Blogging is something I love to do, but sometimes life shows up and I am really busy and tired, which is okay. I am really glad you all have stuck with me or have just started reading my blog. I am working hard behind the scenes to be the best blogger I can be! But seriously I am working to continually improve Homemade Cravings and while I have more specific goals in mind when it comes to my blog, lets just say I hope to increase my readership, create content that you folks are thirsting for.
Giveaway: So how can I do that? What would you say is something you want from Homemade Cravings? I’d like you to let me know what is you’d love to read about on Homemade Cravings! If you leave a comment on the post you will be entered to win a Le Creuset 9 inch Square Baking Dish.
Let me know in the comments section and you will be entered to win.
Want more chances to win?
Additional Entries: You must leave a comment on this post telling me you did one of these for an additional entry (you can leave a separate comment for each of these that you complete)
- Like the Homemade Cravings Facebook Page
- Follow Homemade Cravings on Twitter
- Follow Homemade Cravings on Pinterest
- Sign up for the Homemade Cravings Email Subscription or RSS Feed
- Post a Homemade Cravings Photo on your Pinterest Board (Use the Social Media Buttons to the side or below)
- Post a link of this post on your Facebook page (Use the Social Media Buttons to the side or below)
- Tweet this giveaway on Twitter (Use the Social Media Buttons to the side or below)
Make sure you post your comments here on this blog post after each entry! Just let me know, “Posted on Pinterest!” “Following you on Twitter!” You get the idea. Comment separately for each action that you complete to give yourself more chances to win! You have until next Tuesday, January 15th at Midnight (EST) to enter, don’t miss out!
While Facebook comments are always appreciated only the comments on this blog post will count as an entry to the contest.
1. You must be a resident of the US or Canada.
2. The contest will end on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 12:00 Midnight EST
3. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator (random.org) based on the posts
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to confirm with a valid US or CA address or a second winner will be chosen
5. The prize is being provided by Homemade Cravings and I have not been compensated by Le Creuset for this contest
Have any questions? Email me at email@example.com